- Ensure that you have properly assembled and placed LINK AKC on your dog to prevent chewing or other damage.
Battery optimization tips:
- Make sure the base station is plugged-in and optimally placed in your home.
- The base station emits a Bluetooth beacon that automatically creates a home safe zone (note that it must be connected to a power source).
- The base station should be situated in the center of the radius where your dog spends the most time.
- If your dog’s tracking unit is not connected via Bluetooth to the base station or your phone, it will be using cellular data in an Away location state and therefore drain the battery faster.
- Click to learn more about base station placement.
- Don’t turn on GPS tracking when you don’t need to - it is battery-intensive.
- Click here to better understand how location tracking works.
- Common pitfalls:
- If your battery powers off, you will need to manually turn it back on after you recharge it.
- It takes about four hours to charge a fully-drained battery.
- Make sure the tracking unit and base station charging pins are in alignment when you try to charge.
If you think your app information doesn’t look right:
- Just like any other Bluetooth-enabled device (smart watches, wireless speakers, etc.), sometimes you may periodically need to refresh the app to see the most accurate information.
- If your location state or other information looks off, try refreshing the app waiting a few seconds and trying again.
- Remember to make sure your Bluetooth is on and that you’ve enabled permissions in your phone's Settings.