Ensure that you have properly assembled and placed LINK AKC on your dog to prevent chewing or other damage.
Battery optimization tips:
- Make sure the base station is plugged-in and optimally placed in your home.
- The base station emits a Bluetooth beacon that automatically creates a home safe zone (note that it must be connected to a power source).
- The base station should be situated in the center of the radius where your dog spends the most time.
- If your dog’s tracking unit is not connected via Bluetooth to the base station or your phone, it will be using cellular data in an Away location state and therefore drain the battery faster.
- Learn more about base station placement here.
- Don’t turn on GPS tracking when you don’t need to - it is battery-intensive.
Battery can drain faster due the following:
- Turning on Lost Mode by mistake.
- Turning on a temporary safe zone by mistake.
- If your battery powers off, you will need to manually turn it back on after you recharge it.
- It takes about four hours to charge a fully-drained battery.
- Make sure the tracking unit and base station charging pins are in alignment when you try to charge.
If you think your app information doesn’t look right:
- Just like any other Bluetooth-enabled device (smart watches, wireless speakers, etc.), sometimes you may periodically need to refresh the app to see the most accurate information.
- If your location state or other information looks off, try refreshing the app waiting a few seconds and trying again.
- Remember to make sure your Bluetooth is on and that you’ve enabled permissions in your phone's Settings.
Care for your LINK AKC just like you would any electronic wearable: keep your tracking unit clean by periodically wiping with a damp cloth to remove any residue (like salt after swimming in salt water) that could lead to corrosion.
If you are cleaning the base station, please make sure to unplug it first.