Temporary safe zones extend your phone’s safe zone and are meant to be used in temporary situations when you are out and about together, like if you wanted to play fetch or have a picnic. In those situations you probably do not want to receive "Away" notices when your dog leaves your phone's bluetooth safe zone, and you also know the general area that you want your dog to stay within.
This gives you peace of mind by allowing your dog to more safely be off leash when you are together …
To use this feature (when in the “With you” location state), follow these in-app steps:
- Tap the “Temporary Safe Zone” button on your location screen
- Set the time duration of your safe zone (you can always extend it later).
- Adjust the safe zone radius by pinching and dragging the small circular arrow icon, up to a radius of 2400 meters.
Temporary Safe Zone Tips:
- This feature uses GPS, so only use when you really need to in order to conserve battery life. Charge your LINK every night!
- If you share your log-in credentials with someone, remember that only one of your phones can be in a "With you" location state with the dog at a time and therefore only one of you should try to use this feature at a time.