Lost Mode keeps GPS tracking activated even if you leave the Location screen, that way you don’t have to wait for the initial GPS fix if you wanted to go back to the screen again soon.
Important: Remember that GPS tracking is battery-intensive, so only keep Lost Mode engaged if you really need to!
TO TRACK A LOST DOG, when LINK AKC is in the "Away" location state:
- Go to the Location screen – this turns GPS ON, so stay on the screen (It may take 2-3 min to see a first GPS location).
- Your dog’s location will continuously update, as long as the tracking unit can get clear line of sight to the sky. Otherwise, LINK AKC will communicate the last known location information.
- Paw prints reflect the path your dog was on prior to the most recently known location, so you can get an idea of where they may be headed.
- GPS tracking is turned off if you leave the screen, unless Lost Mode is activated.
- We would also suggest notifying friends, family and social networks ASAP, to help you search.