The in-app instructions will walk you through the below sequence.
Activate Tracking Unit #1
- Tip: Make sure to have only this tracking unit on during setup
- Tip: Mark the back of this tracking unit with a marker to help you differentiate between your multiple devices.
Create dog profile #1
- After you complete your first dog profile, click on the “+” button in the upper right-hand corner to activate your second tracking unit
- Do this instead of hitting "next" to pair the base station.
Activate Tracking Unit #2
- Tip: Make sure to only have only this tracking unit on during setup
Create dog profile #2
- Repeat this sequence until you have activated all of your tracking units.
Pair Base Station #1
- Pair additional Base Stations by pushing the “+” icon in the upper-right hand corner and following the same steps as Base Station #1
- Then, you're ready to start using the LINK AKC app!
Multiple Base Station Tips:
- All tracking units associated with an account will recognize all base stations associated with that account.
- If you have a large home, place a second base station strategically to fully cover your home base station zone
- Use extra bases for charging multiple collars at the same time.
- Use extra bases to create safe zones in the other places that your dog spends time, like a vacation home, friend's house, etc.
Multiple People Using Your LINK AKC App:
- If someone other than you is going to be using the LINK AKC app (significant other, child, etc), we would recommend configuring an email vs. Facebook log-in to make it easy to share log-in credentials.
- If multiple people are actively using the app, know that:
- If neither of you is with the dog, you'll both see either "Near base station" or "Away" (depending on if the dog is in a safe zone or not)
- If one of you is with the dog, but the other isn't, both of you will see "With You" on the screen (which may seem confusing)
- If you are both with the dog, only one of you should be active in the app because only one device can be with connected to the dog at a time.
Please enable permissions in your phone's settings. LINK AKC "always" needs to be able to access location in order to deliver the intended user experience.