If this feature is turned on, LINK AKC can monitor the ambient temperature of your dog's environment and notify you if it may be somewhere too warm or cold.
To set up this feature:
- Tap on the Temperature Alert feature (from the More Menu)
- Tap the Alert On/Off button at the bottom center of the screen
- Customize your preferred High and Low alerts by using the "+" and "-" buttons
- Tap Save
How to use this feature:
- If an ambient temperature at or above the range you've specified is detected, you will receive one alert to allow you to take swift action.
- If you feel like you're getting "false" alerts, consider modifying the range, as false high temperature alerts can be triggered if the tracking unit is covered by the body heat of a sleeping dog, nestled against a blanket, etc.
- You can turn this feature off at any time.
Common questions about using the Temperature Feature:
- I got an alert saying my dog is in an environment too warm ... but he's laying right next to me and my thermostat says it's 70 degrees at home!
- You have received a false alert, so we'd recommend modifying the range.
- False high temperature alerts can be triggered if the tracking unit is covered by the body heat of a sleeping dog, nestled against a blanket, etc.
- I changed my alert settings but don't see it in my app
- Make sure to hit "save" after you revise or create the high or low alert threshold.