More than half of the dogs in the United States are overweight. This feature can you manage your dog's wellness with an insightful daily activity goal customized to her age, breed and size and help you stay accountable by measuring her daily activity.
With a proprietary three-axis accelerometer LINK tracks her daily movement and learns what constitutes as high and moderate intensity and thus counting towards her daily activity goal. The daily activity app screen also shows an overview of her daily movement. This is similar to human wearables that measure both step count as well as active minutes. Earn streak rewards by meeting her daily goal!
Activity data is uploaded to the server hourly, to help conserve battery, so you may not immediately see data updated just after a run, walk, etc. You can change her daily goal at any time.
Setting LINK Activity goals:
The LINK app recommends a daily activity goal based on the age, breed and size of your dog, measured in active minutes.
What is an activity goal?
- LINK AKC activity goals are similar to active minute goals in human wearables - the idea is to capture meaningful movement that would count towards health and wellness.
- We parse out low-intensity movement and do not count that towards your dog's daily activity goal. That data is included in the overall movement chart.
When will I know my dog's daily activity goal?
- You’ll see her activity goal recommendation the first time you go into the activity feature, after setting up her profile.
- If she’s a mix or you do not know her breed, the first time you go into the activity feature we will ask you a couple of questions to learn more about her. We will then show you an activity goal recommendation, which you can adjust at any time.
How can I change my dog's daily activity goal?
- Just tap "goal" on your dog's daily activity screen, use the slider bar to select the new goal, and tap "update"
Understanding your dog’s Daily Activity Information
- The daily activity app screen shows you several pieces of activity tracking data:
Progress towards daily activity goal
- The active minutes you see at the top of your daily activity screen represent moderate + high activity against the goal you have set, similar to how a human wearable will track active minutes that reflect exercise vs. general steps.
An overview of your dog's daily movement
- The "Timeline Detail" in the middle of your daily activity screen show an overview of movement throughout the day.
- Low activity is also reflected here, similar to how a human wearable will reflect general movement throughout the day.
A breakdown of high and moderate activity
- The bottom "Intensity Level" chart explains the breakdown between high and moderate activity.
LINK Activity streaks
- How can I earn activity streaks?
- Each time she consecutively meets her daily activity goal you will earn a streak reward!
LINK Historical Activity Information
- View historical daily activity screens by either swiping across your activity screens or by tapping on the calendar icon.