LINK AKC monitors your dog's location, allowing you to track anywhere in the US as long as it has connectivity. LINK AKC uses advanced GPS, Bluetooth, Wifi and cellular data.
Location tracking isn’t just for lost dogs, it can be used to know when and where the dog walker or kids take your dog out, for example. It's fun to learn more about your dog's day!
How does it work?
- Safe zones are automatically created during setup, and monitor where and who your dog is with. We use Bluetooth connections in safe zones conserve power.
- When your dog is in a safe zone, you’ll see “With you” or “Near base station” on your app, and the map location will be that of the smartphone or base station.
- If the Bluetooth connection is broken, LINK uses cellular data and you’ll be notified that she’s “Away”.
GPS Tracking in "Away":
- Stay on the location screen (that turns GPS on, leaving the screen turns it off).
- You should see a first location within 3-5 minutes.
- The screen communicates the last known information and continuously updates, so long as LINK has connectivity (AT&T signal) and clear line of sight to the sky (commercial GPS cannot track indoors).
- Paw prints reflect her most recently known locations, so you can get an idea of where she may be headed.
- Lost Mode keeps GPS turned on if you leave the screen.
- Leaving the location screen (without Lost Mode enabled) turns GPS off.
- GPS will drain the LINK battery faster, so only use GPS when you really need it.
- Always keep the base station plugged in.
- Always keep your app running in the background.
- Enable all permissions to "always".
Taking too long to track?
- If it's been more than five minutes and location hasn't updated, LINK AKC is either unable to connect to the AT&T network and/or unable to find a GPS satellite.
- LINK needs to have a cellular connection to communicate to the network, which communicates with your app.
- LINK needs a GPS satellite connection in order to know its location. It must have clear line of sight to the sky to do this. Being indoors, under a bridge, in a heavily wooded area, etc are GPS satellite barriers.
Feature functionality in and out of safe zones:
- Feature functionality is limited in “Near base”, in order to conserve battery.
Some feature functionality is impacted in "Away" in order to prioritize location tracking (for example, you cannot adjust temperature alert preferences in "Away").
- LINK AKC uses advanced GPS, Bluetooth, Wifi and cellular data to monitor and track your dog’s location.