When LINK AKC is in the "Away" location state:
- Go to the Location screen – this turns GPS ON, so stay on the screen (It may take 2-3 min to see a first GPS location).
- Your dog’s location will continuously update, as long as the tracking unit can get clear line of sight to the sky. Otherwise, LINK AKC will communicate the last known location information.
- Paw prints reflect the path your dog was on prior to the most recently known location, so you can get an idea of where they may be headed.
- GPS tracking is turned off if you leave the screen, unless Lost Mode is activated.
- We would also suggest notifying friends, family and social networks ASAP, to help you search.
- In order for a GPS signal to be acquired, the tracking unit must have clear line of sight to the sky & your phone must have connectivity.
- (if your dog is indoors, under a bridge, etc., you will only be able to see the most recently known location).
- GPS is battery intensive so charge LINK AKC every night, when you charge your smart phone, that way you are ready for anything the next day may bring.