We will notify you if your dog has a location state change to or from “Away”. Getting an “Away” message doesn’t mean your dog is lost! It could just be with someone that does not have the LINK AKC app, like your dog walker or child.
To GPS track in "Away".
- Tap on the Location screen, and stay there. GPS tracking is turned off if you leave the screen, unless Lost Mode is activated.
- It may take a couple of minutes to get a first GPS satellite fix.
- Location will continuously update and communicate the last known location information.
- Paw prints reflect the path your dog was on prior to the most recently known location, so you can get an idea of where they may be headed.
- Turn off GPS tracking when it is no longer needed, as it is battery-intensive.
Troubleshooting Location Tracking FAQ
- If it's been several minutes and you still don't see an updated location, the tracking unit may be unable to connect to the AT&T network and/or is unable to find a GPS satellite.
- For connectivity, the tracking unit needs to be able to connect to the AT&T network.
- Barriers to the tracking unit finding a GPS satellite could be being indoors, under a bridge, in a heavily wooded area, etc.
- To prevent false “Away” location state changes, always:
- Keep your app running
- Keep your phone’s Bluetooth on
- Keep the base station plugged in and placed in the center of the radius of the area your dog spends the most time in.
If you believe that your dog is lost, we would also suggest notifying friends, family and social networks ASAP, to help you search.