LINK AKC recommends an insightful daily activity goal based on the age, breed and size of your dog, measured in active minutes.
What is an activity goal?
- LINK AKC activity goals are similar to active minute goals in human wearable apps - the idea is to capture meaningful movement that would count towards health and wellness, and toss out anything that is not meaningful movement.
- LINK AKC uses a proprietary three-axis accelerometer to track your dog's daily movement and learns what constitutes as high and moderate intensity and thus counting towards your dog's daily activity goal.
- We parse out low-intensity movement and do not count that towards your dog's daily activity goal.
When will I know my dog's daily activity goal?
- Activity goal recommendations are presented to you the first time you go into the activity feature, after setting up your dog's profile.
- If your dog is a mix or you do not know the breed, the first time you go into the activity feature we will ask you a couple of questions to try to better understand your dog's behavior. We will then show you the recommendation.
How can I change my dog's daily activity goal?
- Just tap "goal" on your dog's daily activity screen, use the slider bar to select the new goal, and tap "update"
How can I earn activity streaks?
- Each time your dog meets its daily activity goal you will earn a streak reward!
Remember: You know your dog's needs best, and can always adjust the activity goal!