Do I need to be an AT&T customer to use LINK?
In short, no. Think about LINK AKC as if it's your dog's first smart phone. Your LINK AKC service plan enables its connectivity, and AT&T is the carrier.
Similar to calling a friend on the phone, as long as both your smartphone and LINK have connectivity, you should be able to seamlessly access your LINK info via your app.
If you are an AT&T customer, you need not contact AT&T, connectivity is arranged by signing up for your service plan. That's all you need to do!
Choosing the right collar size for your dog:
Don’t stress over which size to pick, by selecting a size you are really only selecting the size of the included leather collar.
The tracking unit is the "brains" of the smart dog collar and is secured by the collar carrier. The carrier is either threaded onto your own collar or the included LINK leather collar.
LINK is the only curved dog wearable designed to be comfortably won by both small and extra large dogs the like. LINK is lightweight and can be comfortably worn by dogs over 10 pounds.
How to determine which size to order:
- Measure your dog’s existing collar length
- Loosely measure the circumference of your dog’s neck, in inches, around where you would normally place a collar.
- Remember to add on an inch or so as you do not want the collar too tight on the neck - you should be able to fit two fingers between your dog’s neck and collar.
- LINK can be worn on most standard one inch width collars
- With our Size Guarantee you can exchange an undamaged collar for a difference size during our first year.
- Or refer to the below sizing guide:
|Collar Length||9” – 14”||14” – 17.5”||17” - 21”||20.5” – 25”|
Not recommended for dogs <10 lbs
Is the Link waterproof?
LINK is rated IP67, which means it is waterproof to three feet of water. LINK was designed to be durable and withstand the rugged daily demands on a dog collar.
Just like your smartphone, your LINK should last up to two days with normal use -- but just like your smartphone, battery life ultimately depends on what features you use.
Charge your LINK AKC every night, just like you do your smart phone, so that you are both prepared for whatever the next day may bring.
iOS & Android Compatibility:
LINK AKC is compatible with Bluetooth-enabled Apple and Android smartphones. Minimum operating system requirements are iOS 9.0 and Android 5.0.