What is it and why do I need it?
Think of the LINK AKC Service Plan like a cell phone service plan for your dog: it enables data to be transmitted from the LINK smart collar to your LINK app via cellular, which allows you to know your dog’s location, activity levels, and much more.
Additional LINK AKC Service Plan Benefits:
- Size Guarantee
- 24/7 complimentary Pet Poison Helpline access
How do I sign up:
- Download the LINK AKC app from Google Play or the App Store.
- Sign up for your dog's service plan during the app setup process (wait until you've physically received the smart collar in the mail)
Service Plan Pricing:
- All you're customizing is your preferred billing term.
- Monthly plans are $9.95 per month and billed each month.
- Save 20% by pre-paying a 1-year plan (equivalent to $7.95 per month)
- Save 30% by pre-paying a 2-year plan (equivalent to $6.95 per month)
Carrier & Connectivity:
- Connectivity plays a key part in the LINK AKC ecosystem because data is sent from the smart collar to your app via cellular data
- LINK AKC uses the AT&T cellular network to relay smart collar data
- Your dog's LINK plan is independent of your own cellular service plan - so it doesn't matter if you have Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, etc.
- Good AT&T cellular signal is important for receiving timely alerts, 3 days battery life, etc.
- Those using microcells to boost their cellular signal at home may experience difficulty using LINK AKC as AT&T doesn't support LINK AKC on microcell.