LINK AKC uses a proprietary three-axis accelerometer to track your dog's daily movement and learns what constitutes as high and moderate intensity and thus counting towards your dog's daily activity goal.
The daily activity app screen shows you several pieces of activity tracking data:
- Progress towards daily activity goal
- The active minutes you see at the top of your daily activity screen represent moderate + high activity against the goal you have set, similar to how a human wearable will track active minutes that reflect exercise vs. general steps.
- An overview of your dog's daily movement
- The "Timeline Detail" in the middle of your daily activity screen show an overview of movement throughout the day.
- Low activity is also reflected here, similar to how a human wearable will reflect general movement throughout the day.
- A breakdown of high and moderate activity
- The bottom "Intensity Level" chart explains the breakdown between high and moderate activity.
- Earn a streak reward each time your dog meets its daily activity goal!
- View historical daily activity screens by either swiping across your activity screens or by tapping on the calendar icon.
- You can adjust the activity goal at any time.
- LINK AKC must be powered on and worn on your dog in order to track activity.
- If just after a walk, run, etc. you do not see the activity reflected in the app do not worry - activity data is uploaded hourly, in order to conserve battery.